Ophelia Kee Speaks Shorter Longform


Ophelia Kee Iconic Tiger


Shorter Long Form? - July 26, 2024


Dear Reader,


A bit of an introduction


Quite a few new friends of the dream have joined recently. Thank you all for supporting the dream, both new and longtime. I hope you enjoyed the free stories. The newsletter goes out every Saturday. If you want content more often, visit OpheliaKee.com if you would like to support my efforts further, I have a Substack and a YouTube channel. I also post on most social media, but spend more time on Threads and X.


The blog Ophelia Kee Speaks posts each Friday and a copy posts on Substack and Blogger. I'm a widely self-published author. You'll find my stories set in the dream first directly from me and then on all the retailers in ebook, audiobook, and print, as well as in serial formats. You won't find them in Kindle Unlimited or on Vella. Restrictions are chafing.


I am a teacher by day and a writer all the time, so I'm afraid the tiger is absolutely necessary to protect the day job. Perhaps one day, I won't need the day job, but until then, I must remain a bit of a mystery.


Lord of Dragons Book Cover


In Publishing News


Lord of Dragons launched everywhere on July 17, 2024. If you haven't gotten a copy yet, no worries, it awaits your leisure. If you love the paperbacks, but wanted to support the dream more, I just got a gigantic shipment of book stock for OpheliaKee.com. Give me a week, and I'll get them all listed on Payhip. And, of course, I sign the paperbacks purchased directly from me. Thanks again for supporting the dream. I couldn't do it without your support.


If you enjoy reading serially, I also publish the stories as I write and edit along with random extras like videos, art, lexicons, quick reference guides, charts, graphs, diagrams, etc. For a small monthly subscription you can Read the Draoithe Saga. Or choose different miniseries for a small subscription or a onetime payment for each miniseries. Kingdom Rising and Royal Council are complete. (All rights reserved. I do occasionally add more content. And the muse is fickle. I may need to write more stories within those miniseries.) I have several works in progress at the moment. Nephilim's Claim is currently posting episodes to Valkyrie Riders for those adventurous enough to back any incomplete miniseries.


Kiss Dark Book Stack


EBook and Audiobook Bundles have arrived. I'm working on Print Book Bundles and am hopeful to post them before the holidays. I wish I could guarantee that I would have them before summer ends in two weeks, but it's unlikely. Thanks to all of you who purchase pieces of the dream directly from OpheliaKee.com.


The last of the Preorder Experiment titles, Kiss Dark, will publish wide on August 14. I may attempt sneakily publishing one or two more titles before I must return to the day job and slow down. I hope you enjoy the speedy publishing during the summer as much as I do because it always feels like slogging through a muddy bog when I'm writing, editing, and working the day job.


Stonehenge at sunrise


Shorter Long Form?


I've been toying with the idea of writing shorter blog posts and posting more often. People don't always have a lot of time. I could easily break the long form posts into pieces. What would y'all prefer? Email me or comment and let me know your thoughts. Do you want it all at once with your Friday/Saturday morning coffee? Or would you rather have shorter snippets throughout the week to stay connected with the dream? I'm always open to reader comments, ideas, suggestions, etc. The muse is fickle, but reader questions and comments have spurred story direction and new ideas within the dream.


I may attempt a test run of the idea over on Substack for anyone who is scratching their head, wondering what it will look like. (I'm wondering, too.)


Nephilim's Claim Book Cover


Videos in the dream


I've been creating videos for Nephilim's Claim. Am I the greatest video creator? No. But I try. I've crafted the Story Description and the Character Introduction videos if you want to see. I've added them to the Valkyrie Riders Miniseries as well. The quote videos seem to be a favorite among my YouTube viewers, so I made a Druid Fox Quote this time. I'll make more of them for the Royal Council and the Valkyrie Riders. If you enjoy the shenanigans, subscribe to my YouTube channel and watch all my amateur videos. I could use help to monetize things there.


Being an independent author isn't easy. For me, it's been one baby step at a time, slowly building trickling streams of income centered on the dream. Subscribing, liking, sharing, leaving a review or a comment here or there costs nothing and helps so much. I appreciate all of you. Thank you so much.


Soul Dark Ad card


Sneak Peek at a WIP


I haven't had time to edit chapters in any story this week because of the muse's video creation kick. But I love sharing the odd bits or sneaking chapters for my newsletter friends. I didn't want to disappoint anyone who scrolls through to the sneak peek, either. So here's a snippet from Soul Dark. Salvatore is speaking with incredulity to Kali, who thinks he's handsome, but dangerous and possibly insane.


"It doesn't matter the expense. You're worth all I have and all I will ever have."


Salvatore LeClerq was once a dead criminal. Resurrected as a vampiric slave-warrior by a diamond dust dragon in the Spirit Realm long ago, he serves a Forest Lord nearing his transition into a tree. The fate of the dream is at stake, however, and Salvatore has one last mission: Find and claim his soul dark princess before swearing fealty to the Last Vampire King.


Soul Dark is a future tale in the Mystic Dark miniseries. Salvatore doesn't know what he's doing and keeps mis-stepping in his attempts to win Kali. His princess is a young gifted human who has her own issues dealing with her impoverished situation, and the two of them make a most unlikely pair in the dream. She thinks the wealth he showers on her is insane, and he can't understand her perspective because, to him, she is everything, so much so, that he gives up his mission orders to chase after her.


Request for reviews poster

I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek at a future tale in the making. I wish you a lovely weekend full of fun and leisure. My weekend awaits with too little time and too much to do. As always, I leave you with the fervent plea to be kind and leave your honest reviews when you read. Know you are always welcome to the dream...

Be Careful!

Happy reading,

Ophelia Kee


Want More?

Join my newsletter

Read:

Ophelia Kee Speaks

Video Content:

YouTube

Buy books: 

Payhip 

Books2Read 

Subscribe and Read it all as I Write:

Read the Draoithe Saga


Drop by and say, Hello!

Email the author at opheliakee69@gmail.com

Follow Ophelia Kee on Threads 

Like Ophelia Kee on Facebook 

Like Ophelia Kee on Instagram 

Follow Ophelia Kee on X 

Follow Ophelia Kee on Pinterest 


Thank you for your support! Welcome to the dream… Sincerely, -OK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ophelia Kee Speaks - AI Technologies in the Indie Author World: Ophelia ...

Haunted Echoes, While We Wait

Ophelia Kee SPeaks - Reader Influence